Dreamy Snowscape

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Judy Dippel Judy Dippel 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan Franklin
    Ryan Franklin
    Participant

Dreamy Snowscape

After finally getting a winter with snow this year, and then finally getting a clear day, I snowshoed to the top of Tumalo Butte for a view of the Three Sisters and Broken Top. As so often happens in the mountains, the weather changed quickly. A cloud cap enshrouded the summit and blocked my view before I got above the tree line.

As I waited for the cloud to dissipate, I noticed that the fog was partially blotting out the sun, allowing for this unique photo opportunity. If you look closely, you should be able to see the sun’s disk through the fog. To me, this is one of those photos that captures the mood of a scene. I never got any good captures of the mountains, but this photo was well worth the trip.

I’ve learned over the years that when the unexpected takes away photo opportunities, it also brings others.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Ryan Franklin Ryan Franklin.
    Profile photo of Judy Dippel
    Judy Dippel
    Keymaster

Ryan, this photo is what we could all experience if we would snowshoe onward and upward. 🙂 Thank you for sharing. I can imagine being there as I lose myself in this scene. The glow of the sun tops it off!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.